Happy Routine – #1 Green Tea


Happy routine includes things which we do regularly to make ourself happy, obviously, positive and strong. In this series, I will tell you guys what’s my happy routine and would love to know what you think about it. Health is an important part of being happy. A healthy mind lives in a healthy body and that’s totally correct. So starting of this routine, first of all I will talk about Green Tea which has replaced my coffee and I am happy about it.  
Green tea is a type of tea that is made from Camellia sinensis leaves that have not undergone the same withering and oxidation process used to make oolong teas and black teas. As boiling water is bad for the precious catechins (tea's healthy chemicals), so it takes a little extra care while brewing Green Tea. . Do bring your water to a boil, but let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Then, pour the water over the tea and brew for about one minute before serving. 2 cups a day would be fine enough for a person to drink this.
Facts about Green Tea:-
  • Green tea is loaded with polyphenol antioxidants, including a catechin called EGCG. These antioxidants can have various beneficial effects on health.
  • Green tea contains less caffeine than coffee, but enough to produce an effect. It also contains the amino acid L-theanine, which can work synergistically with caffeine to improve brain function.

  • The bioactive compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on the brain. They may reduce the risk of both Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, the two most common neurodegenerative disorders.
  •  The catechins in green tea may inhibit the growth of bacteria and some viruses. This can lower the risk of infections and lead to improvements in dental health, a lower risk of caries and reduced bad breath.
  • Because green tea helps fight inflammation and slows the ageing of cells (thanks antioxidants!), it can lessen wrinkle development and make your skin appear brighter and younger.
  • Green tea is rich in flavonoids, plant chemicals that protect against inflammation. For struggles with allergies, try drinking a few cups of tea a day and see if the sinus inflammation goes down.
Side effects: -
There are little to no known side effects or contraindications to drinking green tea for adults. However, the following risks or complications should be made clear:
· Caffeine sensitivity - those with severe caffeine sensitivities could experience insomnia, anxiety, irritability, nausea, or upset stomach.
· Blood thinners - those taking blood thinners (anticoagulant drugs) such as Coumadin/warfarin should drink green tea with caution due to its vitamin K content. It's also recommended to avoid green tea and aspirin, because they both reduce the clotting effectiveness of platelets.
· Other stimulants - if taken with stimulant drugs, green tea could increase blood pressure and heart rate.
* Do not take your tea very early in the morning on an empty stomach. The caffeine in it can lead to dehydration and it could stimulate the release of gastric acid which can cause stomach upset or even ulcer. Traditional Chinese medicine suggests that taking tea on an empty stomach make the lungs and stomach become “very cold”.
Finally, let’s address another common question about the best time to drink green tea. The answer to this question depends on the reason for which you are drinking the green tea. If you want to use green tea as a weight loss stimulant, it is good to take it about 1 hour before you sleep so you will not have to wake up to urinate. It will help you to burn fat even while you are asleep and it will not prevent you from sleeping deeply. However, if you do not intend to take green tea for weight loss, you may discover that the caffeine content may affect your ability to sleep. In this case, you should avoid taking it just before going to sleep at night.
That’s all for this time, I hope you get all the required knowledge of Green Tea for starting a happy routine. This helped me a lot including being more energetic and more happy. I wish this will do the same for you. Do let me know what you think about Green Tea, would really appreciate your views. 

Until Next time, Love yourself!!!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. You are spot on about the health benefits of green tea! I can't say that it's replaced my coffee, but a holistic nurse practitioner recommended giving up coffee altogether because it's so inflammatory! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. I always found green tea bitter but a little honey makes all the difference. Love the benefits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with the honey mixing thing . Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. My favorites are peppermint, chamomile, giner and lavender tea. They gives me instant boost, and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. This is such a coincidence, as I too no longer have coffee and switched to green tea. So much better and cleansing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, That's really awesome to know . Thank you so much for commenting :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Green tea has and always will be a staple in my diet. The benefits are remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing, Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  6. Such a great way to love on ourselves. I try to enjoy at least one cup of tea (and coffee) every single day. And it's more than about the caffeine, it's a little ritual that gives me joy and just adds to my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is more like ritual Here in India too , having tea is compulsory in the most of the houses. :) Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  7. I love a great tea especially green tea. I've tried several, but I have yet to make it a daily routine. There are so many benefits that I should add in a cup more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  8. Green tea is so good! It's my favorite kind of tea and I usually drink it to unwind. I also love the health benefits of tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  9. I love all kinds of tea, especially green! It's so comforting especially when it's cold and rainy! That would be my perfect setting! Rain, a cup of green tea and a good book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Its really awesome in winters. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  10. I am not very fond of green tea, but like a few specific brands ... The benefits obviously are worth drinking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, They are :) Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  11. Wow, I didn't even know there were that many side effects to green tea. I'll be a little more cautious when I consumer it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love green tea. In fact I start my day with a cup of gun powder green tea. It really makes me feel great and hopefully helps me to stay thin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  13. I am a big fan of tea. I love all the kinds and herbs as well but green tea is my favorite. I knew about some facts you mention, but some where eye openning for me and I am even more glad now, that I adore green tea so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  14. Wow... I never knew it had so many benefits. I find green tea a bit bitter, but I add some honey to sweeten it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  15. Green tea is so delicious!! I like it either hot or cold, and it's so good for you! I didn't know about the side effects, but it seems like they are minimal thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  16. This is really interesting! You can tell you’ve really done your research. I love fruity green teas ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  17. Love green tea, especially when it is cooled on a hot day. I don't drink it often as I should. I think I will pick up a bottle tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing, Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  18. I really enjoy green tea - I use it to help me unwind. I wasn't aware of all the benefits (or the side-effects!) though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  19. Thank you for sharing the benefits of Green Tea! I grew up drinking a lot of tea since my mom is from Okinawa, Japan. I'm more of a coffee drinker but I should drop a couple cups of coffee and drink tea instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should as it has so much benefits :) Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  20. Patricia Chamberlain30 July 2018 at 00:57

    I love tea. Green tea is probably my favorite. I drink in occasionally, but I have not made it a daily routine yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  21. I am an avid tea drinker and green tea is one of my favorites. I have recently taken to drinking mint green tea. Soothing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  22. Oh, dear. We're the opposite. I used to sip my way through the day on green tea; then I became a parent (and before that, met and married my now-husband) who introduced me to good coffee properly made, so now I have one huge cup of coffee first thing instead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, wow, now that's a different story. Awesome, Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  23. I really need to try some green tea. I have one cup of cappuccino per day (I don't like regular coffee) but would love to replace that with something healthier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  24. I don't drink tea actually but this post can convince me to drink TeA :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  25. Interesting reading! Green tea is one of my favorite drinks, regardless the weather. I love green tea flavored with lemon or jasmin and ginseng !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  26. Green tea is the best. My favorite is the Tazo "zen." I drink it for all of the reasons you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  27. I know I could use drinking more green tea in my life. It's a bit of an appetite suppressant as well. I know it helps me when I am trying to diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  28. Everyone in my house is a huge green tea drinker! I especially love starting my mornings off with genmaicha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  29. I had no idea green tea had caffeine in it! It's always been my go-to when I've had too much caffeine for the day. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Thank you so much :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  30. I have a cup of green tea everything morning and I never knew how many amazing benefits I‎t actually has.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really enjoyed reading your post! A lot of people recommend green tea, but don't always break it down in such digestable facts. I think I'm going to schedule green tea breaks or at least add matcha to my daily lattes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Thank you so much for sch kind words :) I really appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment